Search This Blog

Monday 5 January 2015

Things I learnt in 2014

Things I learnt in 2014

Life has always been beautiful.., remember that old saying about life being what happens while you’re busy making other plans? Right, 2014, life really happened. It has been exceptionally beautiful for me..I say, Alhamdullillah, (Thank you, God). From new experiences to challenges, opportunities to breath-taking moments, 2014 was more for me than just an ordinary year. I have summed some of them to share with you, wonderful people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 I’m not going to rank any of these memorable moments neither I am a great maker of lists. Unless pressed, I will make exactly one each year, and this is it., but I can say there were those that were better than the others, just like the worst, (yeah, I didn't tell you, that some moments were not that so awesome) there were all lessons, I loved everything about them..They are the moments I live for.

"Akili..," My dad called out.The morning has just started to unfold, I could hear the birds singing, some crickets chirping in the flower beds, some frogs in the fish pond croaking... It was a cool, serene morning, very peaceful.. I'm always awake by 5am, I love to see the early morning rays, and If there ever have been something(s) I love, then, new dawns and new moons are my favorite, -- they symbolize new beginnings.

I got out of my congested bedroom on my little desk where I was sitting. This is my office, I use my phone to browse the internet and keep myself updated, my drawing book on the left side, a few pencils and an eraser, yes, I do draw, when I'm free on the left, an article written on some plain papers, drafting for my ever unfinished book, lol.. I'm so into writing too.

To the sitting room, my dad and mum watching a programme on the TV..its always wildlife, that's my dad, always very much into nature, having a great knowledge of almost all the Indigenous trees in East Africa, I couldn't stop learning from him, and I'm so proud of Him, I'm not a big fan of TV, though, dad slowly sipping his morning coffee, he never goes a day without it.. lol

"Salaam Aleikum" I swiftly greeted them and I sat next to mum. Aleikum salaam, replying with smiles all over there faces.. I have always loved my mums smile, maybe its what dad was first impressed with.. hahaha :-) Dad is a Charming man, but you know men, they mostly never smile unless they find something really worth smiling for, & yap, my dad was smiling.

"Have you checked your email this morning?" He knows, I'm so addicted to gadgets and I never go a day without checking my social networks..and emails.. lol.. "I haven't, dad, I was going to check, but you called me, but I will check after I finish talking to you".. "Is there anything".. I asked softly.
"No, nothing of the matter, I thought you have checked, maybe there might be an email worth reading." Dad asked. Mum still having that bright smile.. I could see it, shining very well, having been beamed by the bright orange morning sun rays getting through our window panes.

My life has well been better, can't complain having been raised with both parents.. I really love them and Thank God for keeping them well all over the years..and after years of struggling, working, volunteering and hustling to gain experience and more.., dad has called me to tell me the "big news", -- I joining University, joy and laughter couldn't hide in me.. it was easily shown on my face.. smiling and thanking Allah, this was one of my best moments of 2013.. as I prepared myself for the end of 2014, I knew a lot was going to happen and life has given me a chance to learn a lot once more, to have another view of how reality really is..

Most people may never like you, no matter how good you try to be to them..don't give up, do good anyway.. But then remember, life is not about pleasing everyone, you gotta set your rules straight!

At most times, Brilliant people fail to realize that Brilliant insights is not by itself an achievement.. Life is not about what you think you know, but its mostly about what you want to know..

Each of us represent a star in heaven...sometimes we shine with the rest, sometimes we twinkle alone and sometimes when we least expect it, we make someones dream come true..

Happiness is like a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond our grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, a light will shine upon you.. Don't be allergic to smiling, a lot of people who committed suicide, left notes saying, "If a stranger would have smiled at me, I wouldn't have killed myself.."

One of my teacher's once met me and told said,  " The sky is the Limit", But i said to myself, "Whoever will tell me the Sky is the Limit, is looking dumb, because, I'm 23 and moon walking on the sun.. lol ;-)

God not only sends special angels into our lives, but sometimes He even sends them back gain if we forget to take the notes the first time. Appreciate the people who are in your life, so that one day, you may never regret waking up to realize you lost diamonds while you were busy collecting stones.

Basically, the past few years, I have learnt a lot, and life holds a lot more opportunities to us, the only difference is how we seize them to suit to our advantages. But after all, Appreciation is one of the most wonderful lessons I've learnt in 2014.

As, 2015 is here, I hope, I'll learn even more and get to appreciate even more what life throws at me.. Happy New Year 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment